NAVICELLI DI PISA S.P.A.
Navicelli di Pisa S.p.A. is a public limited company (PLC) established to manage the Port of Pisa, the Navicelli Canal and the adjacent state-owned areas. For several years now (since 2008), the company also manages the Yachting Lab Service Center.
The company’s mission is to manage the Port of Pisa, the Navicelli Canal and, generally, all the related state-owned areas. Its task is to provide for the efficient maintenance and usage of the canal. Particularly, dredging and the opening of the bridges to allow boats to transit along the canal are the activities of primary importance.
Since 2008, Navicelli di Pisa S.p.A. runs and manages the “Yachting Lab” Service Center that provides services to companies and operators in the nautical sector (and not only).
In particular, the company’s activities focus on:
- Management of state-owned land and properties;
- Allocation, management and supervision of state concessions;
- Monitoring of the bottom of the navigable canal, including the dockyards, coastal defenses and wharves, and also providing for excavation along the canal floor and removal of underwater materials if necessary;
- Coordination and control of navigation, maneuvers, launches and haulages for boats/yachts within the Port of Pisa and along the entire Navicelli Canal.
- Port authority, delegated by the Municipality of Pisa.